Relationship Coaching...How Does It Work?
What Is It?
A professional conversation with a coach who will ask specific questions to help you:
- Focus and identify your relationship goal(s)
- Explore individual and/or relationship strengths and challenges
- Challenge current thought patterns that may be blocking you from achieving your relationship goals
- Motivate, encourage, and support your efforts to change and achieve your goal(s), every step of the way
Relationship coaching is offered face-to-face or via skype/phone, with goal(s) reached in 3-12 sessions (client dependent). Meet with your coach once a week for 30-55 minutes. Personalised support is offered between sessions.
- The Client: Tom, 39, has never experienced a romantic relationship.
- Client Concern: Tom does not want to spend his life alone yet he is extremely anxious in the company of women.
- Goal(s): Manage his anxieties around women. Start dating.
- Reflections: Tom's limited beliefs about romantic relationships are maintaining his anxiety.
What Are The Benefits?
Relationship coaching can empower you to:
- Change the way you think and behave
- Overcome your fears
- Tollerate differences
- Communicate more directly
- Become more decisive
- Build your self-confidence
- Manage challenges in your relationship
- Achieve the relationship and life you desire
common client needs
- I need to understand my commitment fears
- I need to understand how to love myself so I don't crave it from others (e.g. expecting others to take care of me)
- I need support getting over a break up
- I need support with my dating frustrations
- I have been hurt and want to learn how to trust again
- I need to build my self-confidence
- I need to understand my relationship patterns
- I want to discover the type of partner I need
- I want to be happier and more accepting of myself and others
...In A RElationship?
- I need to be able to give from a place of love
- I need to discover if I'm in a dangerous, controlling, relationship and decide what to do about it
- I need to understand my behaviour in relationships and change it (e.g. over-giving to giving without expectations)
- I need to become more assertive and set boundaries
- I need to communicate more effectively
- I need to bring more fun into our relationship
- I need to identify my wants and needs, independent of my partner
- I want to improve aspects of my current relationship
Depending on your needs, you may prefer to work with us on an individual or group basis - see our range of workshops. You are offered a complimentary consultation to discuss your goal(s) and discover which options best suit your needs. To book this consultation, please click the button below.